Escape to the tranquillity of Kangaroo Island and absorb the natural beauty of this admired destination.
A protected sanctuary, this unspoiled Island boasts some of the most idyllic scenery to be found in South Australia, making it an irresistible place to getaway from it all.
Its striking bays are set apart by crystal clear waters and white sandy beaches, with rocky cliffs, towering sand dunes, and lush forest fringing its shores.
Whether guests choose a holiday full of adventure, or one of total relaxation, this beautiful Island has something for everyone. Get involved in water activities, visit nature parks, or sample locally produced cuisine and wine at the Island’s cellar doors and restaurants.
The quickest way to reach Kangaroo Island is by air which takes as little as 30 minutes from the city of Adelaide. Alternatively, ferries depart regularly from Cape Jervis to Penneshaw which takes around 40 minutes.
The Island has 4,400 residents and is comprised of 8 regions, each with their own special appeal. There are options to hire vehicles to get around and public transport operates between the major regions.
Must do & see:
- Admire the rock formations at Flinders Chase National Park
- Walk among Australian Sea Lions at Seal Bay Conservation Park
- Visit the Penguin Pageantry at night
- Join an adventure caving tour
- Sample locally produced gourmet cuisine
- Taste the finest wine at the Island’s cellar doors
- Try the Island’s unique Pure Ligurian Honey
- Walk to the Cape Borda Lighthouse and Museum
- Climb to the top of the Little Sahara sand dunes
- Swim, snorkel or fish at the award winning Vivonne Bay
- Join a wilderness safari.