Travel in Melbourne city for free!
The City Circle Tram is a free service that links tourists with the central city. It is an ideal way to check out some of Melbourne's best attractions.
This convenient system allows you to hop on and jump off at any destinations along the way, including the Old Treasury Building, Parliament House and the Princess Theatre.
Information leaflets are available on board the City Circle Tram, and regular services run from specially designated services along the Tram's CBD route.
|Trams run in both directions:|
· every ten minutes
· between 10.00 am and 6.00 pm every day (except Christmas Day and Good Friday)
· between 10.00 am and 9.00 pm every Thursday, Friday and Saturday (during daylight saving extended hours)
The Melbourne City Tourist Shuttle stops at 15 key city destinations. While you’re traveling around, you will be able to listen to informative commentaries. And best of all, it’s free!
The 15 stops on the journey are as follows:
1. Melbourne Museum and Carlton Gardens
2. Lygon Street at Elgin Street
3. Royal Parade
4. Melbourne University
5. Queen Victoria Market
7. Law Courts
8. Immigration Museum
10. Arts Precinct
11. Shrine of Remembrance
12. Sports and Entertainment Precinct
13. Flinders Quarter
14. Chinatown & Theatres
15. Exhibition Street at La Trobe Street
|The shuttle runs between 10.00am and 4.00pm daily. |
The complete trip takes approximately 50 minutes.
You can pick up a brochure from Melbourne Visitor Centre at Federation Square
|Website:||Melbourne City Tourist Shuttle|