Australia's South West
Australia’s South West consists of a number of sub-regions, each providing their own unique and diverse offerings.
The Great Southern region is known for its remarkable cliff-faces and wildlife, while the green pastures of the Geographe region is the perfect place to learn about maritime history. Wine connoisseurs will adore the charming vineyards of the Margaret River Wine Region, and nature lovers won’t be able to go past Blackwood River Valley and the Southern Forests regions for picturesque scenery.
How to get there
Australia’s South West is just 2 hours drive south of Perth and is easy to navigate by car. The region can also be accessed by public rail, coach transport, scheduled flights and cruises.
- Look for whales and dolphins
- Scuba dive the HMAS Swan Dive Wreck
- Snorkel in the Busselton Jetty and Underwater Observatory
- Explore the series of limestone caves
- Visit Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse
- See wildflowers in spring
- Paddle the Blackwood River in a canoe
- Admire the Stirling Range National Park