While Brisbane is a very dynamic and cosmopolitan city, it remains somehwat unaffected by the stress of its counterparts. Brisbane will charm you with its remarkable streetscapes, as will its laidback atmosphere and friendly people.
Each district of Brisbane has its own appealing personality and is well worth visiting. South Bank boasts spectacular parklands with beaches and pools nestled along the Brisbane River, while the CBD boasts fantastic shopping and Paddington is renowned for its old Queenslander-style houses, antique shops and lovely cafes.
Brisbane also offers a wide range of attractions and activities, all easily accessible. From museums and art galleries to bridge climbing and kayaking, the city has everything you need for a wonderful day trip from the Sunshine Coast.
Brisbane is situated about 127km south of Noosa, 98km south of Mooloolaba, 90km south of Caloundra, and 43km south of Caboolture.
If you drive, the Bruce Highway will take you straight into Brisbane city. Underground paid parks are available all around the city centre.
If you don't have a car, catching a train is your best bet. You must first catch a bus to your nearest train station: Woombaye or Landsborough. The train ride lasts about 1 hour 20 minutes. In the Brisbane CBD you can either stop at Brunswick Street, Central, Roma Street, South Brisbane or Southbank stations.
- Walk along the Brisbane River and swim in the tropical gardens of South Bank
- Have a look at some of Brisbane's most beautiful heritage buildings: Brisbane City Hall, Customs House, Old Government House and Parliament House
- Discover Aboriginal heritage at the Musgrave Park Cultural Centre
- Shop 'til you drop in Queen Street Mall
- Stroll along the streets of Paddington, and browse the boutiques and antique shops.
- Discover amazing things at the Queensland Museum Sciencentre
- Explore the Queensland Museum
- Get the best view of the city at Mount Coot-tha
- Kayak on the Brisbane River
- Abseil the Kangaroo Point Cliffs
- Climb the Story Bridge
- Visit the XXXX Alehouse Brewery in Milton
- Relax in the City Botanic Gardens and Roma Street Parklands