Located on the Great Barrier Reef, Green Island is just 27km, a 45 minute boat ride from Cairns with Great Adventures high speed catamarans. These transfers are complimentary for house guests and are confirmed at the time of booking.
Activities on Green Island
Complementing the beauty of Green Island, the activities in this adventure playground are plentiful. Do as much or as little as you please.
* Welcome sunset drinks
* Glass bottom boat tour
* Snorkelling equipment
* Guided night nature walks
* Self guided rainforest walks
* Fish feeding daily
* Entry to the world’s oldest Underwater Observatory *
* Windsurfers, surf skis & canoes * [Includes daily windsurfing instruction]
* Beach volleyball
* Beach chairs & umbrellas at Beach Hire *
* Portable beach chairs at Beach Hire
As a popular day visitor island, Green Island Resort house guests benefit from the large range of optional island activities available.
* Introductory and certified scuba diving (Dive Shop) find out more about diving
* Boat snorkel trip (Dive Shop)
* Great Barrier Reef Day Tour to/from Green Island with Great Adventures
* Club Spa Massage & Beauty *
* Parasailing *
* Helicopter and Seaplane scenic flights *
* Seawalker helmet diving *
* Marineland Melanesia Aquarium, Museum & Crocodile Habitat *
* Souvenir photos and photographic service *
Boat Snorkel Trip
Snorkel boat trips conducted from Green Island and are a great way to maximise your experience on the Great Barrier Reef. You’ll take a short boat trip to one of the best snorkelling sites at Green Island. With a snorkelling safety officer on hand to supervise, explore colourful marine life and coral gardens.
Address: Green Island, Great Barrier Reef