- Overall: 8/10
- Staff Service: 8/10
- Location: 10/10
- Rooms: 8/10
- Things To Do: 6/10
There were many positive aspects of my stay at Hides.
1. Reception staff were always friendly and super helpful, day and night.
2. Breakfast on the verandah was the everyday highlight. I treasure old buildings and loved the atmosphere at breakfast time. (and better still, breakfast is included in the tariff).
3. Rooms were extremely clean. Even the public toilets on the second floor.
4. Location was super excellent. Could't ask for a better location. Great for the Esplanade, shopping, and especially got to use the public bus services because we were at the terminus.
5. I hired a car for 3 days and it was great to have parking access at the hotel.
6. And last but not least, the price! Great value. Even though I upgraded to a room with facilities, it was quite reasonable.
7. Great to mix with a variety of clients...so obviously the Hotel appealed to a variety of age groups.